When you’re planning an event, the last thing you need to worry about is ensuring the meal you serve is allergy-friendly to your guests. At the Gourmet Kitchen, we pride ourselves on ensuring that every meal we cater is allergy-friendly for all the guests who attend.
During our 18 years in business, we’ve catered several meals with very strict allergy restrictions. We’ve also picked up some tips for being allergy-friendly. During one wedding, we catered an entire meal for a bride with Celiac who could not come into contact with any gluten products. We went the extra mile to not only fill this need, but to also ensure that during her special day, our bride didn’t have to worry about what she could or could not eat.
If you’re hosting an event, here are some tips for being allergy friendly:
- Label items at a buffet with known food allergens so guests can clearly see what is safe
- Ask about any dietary restrictions when your guests RSVP or registrater
- Familiarize yourself with the top 8 most common food allergies and what food they typically “hide in”
- Work with a catering company that is well versed with accommodating food allergies
- Assign a point person during your event meals to direct all allergen information to
- If you are unaware ahead of time of restrictions order 15% of your total meals as gluten-free to be safe
- Always make sure there is a vegetarian option offered at any meal
If you would like a caterer that cooks in your language, we would be happy to help you bring a delicious and allergy-friendly meal to your next event. At The Gourmet Kitchen, we pride ourselves on being able to offer this service at no extra charge. Contact us today to learn more.