Valentine’s, the season of love, the season of blossoming roses, and the air has a fragrance of chocolates. In one corner of the town where a chocolate is being wrapped on the other corner a champagne glass with a ring is being prepared. Love is all over the place. The crimson air is surrounding us. This valentine’s season set apart some time for your love. Does not count that you are a newbie with your relationship or your relation is years old. Set apart some time with your loved ones. Spending v-day can be as simple as spending an evening together at home. Remembering the times of love. Secretly arrange gifts for each other, after all it’s the time of year for your love so express out loud. So wine and dine together and gift your loved one a token of love, or you could just impress your loved one by cooking at home. Here is a Valentine’s Day recipe that is easy, quick and delicious that you can spare for your special evening.
Grilled Moroccan chicken kebabs with couscous salad
Makes: 4 servings Ingredients
• 1/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch pieces (brochette)
• 2 small bell peppers, (red and/or yellow), cored, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
• 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
1. Preheat the grill or broiler. Meanwhile, Stir together yogurt, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne in a medium bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
2. Blanch bell peppers in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh with cold water. Blanch zucchini for 1 minute. Drain and refresh with cold water.
3. Alternate chicken cubes, peppers and zucchini on skewers. Grill or broil the kebabs until the chicken is no longer pink in the centre, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley. When using wooden skewers, wrap the exposed parts with foil to keep them from burning.
• 3 cups low-salt chicken broth
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 1+1/2 cups chopped onions
• 1 teaspoons ground turmeric
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1+1/2 cups couscous (about 1 pound)
• 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Bring broth to boil in medium saucepan. Reduce heat to very low; cover to keep hot. Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions; sauté until tender and light golden, about 8 minutes. Add turmeric and cumin; stir 1 minute. Add couscous; stir until coated with onion mixture. Mix in hot broth. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand until broth is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Fluff couscous with fork. Season generously with salt and pepper. Mound on platter. Sprinkle with almonds. We wish you a day dipped in love and affection.
Happy Valentine’s Day!