We’d like to share a little taste from our Spring Fling Tasting for your enjoyment. The event gave us a chance to show off our talents, to prospective clients and many brides-to-be. It gave the attendees a chance to see, taste and enjoy various aspects of our event planning services.
Here our fan’s favorite recipe for you to make for your next meal. It’s simple to make and yet the flavors dance on your tongue creating a complex array of tastes.
THE GOURMET KITCHEN’S SIGNATURE SALAD
This crowd pleaser combines organic mixed greens, with candied pecans, cashews, goat cheese, strawberries topped with fresh basil vinaigrette.
- 4 ounces pecans or cashews – whole
- 1 TBSP melted butter
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. mixed salad greens, including fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-2 inch thin slices
- Preheat oven 300 degrees
- Pour pecans in a bowl, pour melted butter over them, sprinkle with sugar, and gently toss until nuts are well-coated with a dusting of sugar. Place them in a single layer on parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool to touch.
- Whisk together the honey, basil, garlic, and red wine vinegar in a medium-sized bowl. Slowly drizzle the oil into the mixture, whisking constantly until completely incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuces and baby spinach in a large bowl. Add the goat cheese, strawberries, red bell pepper, and pecans or cashews. Toss with dressing.
- Serve immediately — and enjoy!
Feel free to leave your comments below.